Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Laptop Sleeve Tutorial - from amy a la mode

After my dog tore a giant hole in the middle of my fitted bed sheet, I had some extra cute Roxy fabric to work with. 

Innocent face. Deadly claws.


This is what I made:



I found this tutorial on amy a la mode and, once I got my sewing machine to cooperate with me, it didn't take very long to make. 


What I used:

Salvaged bed sheet
Salvaged fleece blanket (for cushion, invisible)
Some leftover stretchy brown pinstripe fabric (cute, but next time I won't use something stretchy... makes it look wrinkly/uneven)

I had intended to add some sort of closure like buttons or Velcro but haven't gotten around to it. For now I just tuck the flap in.




Mine may not have turned out quite as nice as Amy's... but it get's the job done nicely. It's a great tutorial, and you could probably use it to make a sleeve for just about anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment